07 June, 2010

I survived

my long and arduous weekend. On Friday evening I did a little prep work and some positive thinking in regards to the weather. Saturday I hit the kitchen early and got down to business. The weather did cooperate, thank goodness, so Mr. M was able to get the lawn mowed in the early afternoon and we put tables and chairs on the deck and the lawn so that most of the people (children especially) could eat outside. I was a little concerned about making enough food for 22 people so I made lots and lots of food and that took most of the day. I had just finished putting the last dish in the oven and was getting ready to go upstairs and change into clean clothes when the first wave descended upon us. And it was nonstop "fun" from then on. I put the two youngest, who happened to be boys, in front of the Wii and that kept them occupied until it was time for food. Then I let the other women take care of all the yapping and I had my lovely stash of sparkling wine which I kept coming and that kept me mellow while I supervised the dinner. The food was a hit and there was enough to send a bunch of left overs home with Mr. M's daughter and future son-in-law. She is not much of a cook by her own admitting. She'd better start learning, eh?

Sunday was then my Saturday which means shopping and chores and rehearsal. We did rehearsal early, at 5, so I was home and starving by 8:30. We tried to watch a movie - that George Clooney one ... Up in the Air? But by 9:30 I was just too tired so I went up to bed.

I managed to carve out about an hour on each of those two days to do a bit of knitting and I'm now working on the arm holes of the back. I might be able to finish up the back this evening and cast on for the two fronts, which I'll do simultaneously. And now .... on to Monday.

No comments: