02 June, 2010

I am no longer obliged to ride in the rain!

Hah! So I drove in today. Luxury. I wanted to bring in my FOs for noon knitting anyway so there was another good excuse to drive. It's supposed to get nicer tomorrow. I'll bike then. I am sure I'll get a chance soon enough to use my new rain shoe covers. In the meantime I am thoroughly enjoying her other present, the book. It's called "City of Thieves" and it's about two young men during the siege of Leningrad. I read quite a bit of it last night in bed, listening to the rain. I kept my knitting time to a minimum since my shoulder is still rather sore, despite dosing up with Naproxen. I suppose it's going to take a while and some concentration on NOT knitting for the inflammation to go away entirely.

I got some fabulous news last night. It looks like my sister is going to be able to come to Hawaii with us after all!! YAY!! Her boyfriend can't come but she really needs a vacation and we have so much fun together. Mr. M can keep himself occupied easily enough. And frankly he's happy to have two women to squire around, mostly because my sister will laugh at his ridiculous and decidedly NON-funny quips and "jokes" and I am usually only good for a sneer or an eye roll.

Okay, now for the pictures. First is a couple of pictures of the Tangled Yoke Cardigan. One close up to show the cool buttons I found. They are very light blue and faceted. The blue picks up the blue flecks in the tweed.



Next we have the Enchanting Scarf which I have been working on since November '09! I got a screaming deal on the Beaded Silk Lace yarn. As you can see it is a rather short scarf but with the right thing it's going to make the outfit plus which it's just really cool! And a great color as well. I am usually in the green/blue/purple/pink family and this is a nice change.

And finally is my Whisper Cardigan made from Noro sock yarn. It's very colorful but I've got a couple of equally vivid tank tops that will go nicely with this little cardigan. I think I'm going to find it very useful. It wasn't sitting very straight on the dummy and I see now that the details don't show up in this picture. It's cute. Take my word for it. ;-)

No comments: