15 June, 2010

So close I can smell it!

Vacation!!! Once I finish up a few things here at work it is vacation time. I have the rest of this week to shop and fool around, which is really nice. Staycations are awesome. I am going to go shopping when it's not crowded, and have plenty of pampering and, hopefully, some nice sunny days for walking with Tinkerbell.

I would like to finish up the front of that cardigan before I leave, and maybe even get the sleeves done. I got in a couple hours last night, doing the arm hole decreases for the fronts. If my hands hold up -- in other words, if I don't over do it -- I should be able to at least finish them. I think I've finally decided what project to take to Hawaii with me as well. I don't want to drag a lot of stuff around, don't want to take up too much valuable packing space either. Since I don't have any socks going at this time I think I'll cast on for Annis with a skein of Noro Kureyon sock yarn. Then it's one skein of yarn, one circular needle and my little notions box.

It is going to be so very quiet here at work the next couple week. I am not the only one taking these two weeks off. It seems like most everyone is going to be gone except the IT guy and one office girl. It's very quiet anyway with all the students gone. I like it like this.

This afternoon I'm going to stop at a bookstore and get a guide book for the big island. There is just so much to do and this way I can get prepared and decide how many days I want to devote to laying around on the beach and how many days out and about seeing things. I wish I had two weeks in Hawaii! But I'm going to pack as much sunshine into one week as I possibly can!!

No comments: