09 June, 2010

I'd do it for free

Yesterday evening I got to participate in another focus group. I can't tell you how much I love getting paid for my opinion! Considering that I give it out to all and sundry free of charge ..... it's nice to know it's worth something to somebody! We we giving opinions on packaging for some new dog biscuits coming out soon. It was painless. Some of those things are just sooooo boring! For example - flood insurance. yawn That was a particularly difficult one. Also I was in one for retirement funds, which I realized too late that I had answered the screening questions incorrectly and I did not qualify for the study, but I had to pretend I knew what I was talking about. I earned my money that time.

I cast on for the two fronts of the Marisol cardigan last night and did a few rows. I knew if I brought it to noon knitting today I'd get stuck at the part where I had to pick up the stitches to turn the hem and I didn't want to drag all that paraphernalia with me to work, so I dug out that cashmere birch leaf lace triangular scarf/shawl and brought that along. I can leave that at work and have it be my Wednesday project. That way perhaps it'll get done by fall.

It was nice of the sun to stop by and say howdy yesterday but it didn't last long and by the time I was trying to go to sleep last night the rain was coming down so hard that I couldn't! I tossed and turned until well after midnight. For some reason the rain drips ... maybe off the roof ... into the metal gutter right outside the bedroom window and it's very loud. It sounds at first like someone nailing something. I was very close to putting my head under the pillow but that must have been when I drifted off.

No comments: