30 March, 2012

Relentless

That's the word for the rain yesterday and all through the night.  I swear it didn't stop for a minute and I didn't run, that's for sure.  It's not such a bad thing after all since my knee was just a teensie bit sore and the rest did it good.  It must have stopped just lately, because I recall hearing it really coming down in the middle of the night.  Right now it is not raining and I could see patches of blue sky, but there are more big clouds on the horizon so I don't hold out much hope for a dry day.  If it's not coming down too hard I will run at lunchtime.  I'd rather do that than run on the treadmill at the fitness center.

Because of the rain the buses were running late yesterday afternoon and there was a detour so I got home much later than usual, which put my entire evening off.  I couldn't seem to get one thing done without being interrupted so I ended up having dinner and that was about it.  In other words, no picking up of stitches.  I am going to put it on the list for Saturday.  I have got to get that done! 

I have a lot of running around to do this weekend and I am hoping that the rain will disappear for a while but it doesn't look too promising.  Among other things I must give Tink a bath.  Even though she's getting wet to the skin on our walks, it is not the same and she is more gray than white.  I did give her a dry bath last week but this weekend it's going to be the real thing.

A trip to the book store is on my list (along with a a million and one other things).  I need to pick up a book about Normandy and there isn't anything for the Kindle or Nook that looks good to me.  I am not all that keen on all of the war stuff, although I suspect my friend is going to be wanting to visit all of the sites.  I am not sure about his wife and daughter's level of interest, but he did mention to me how near we would be to the landing beach and memorial sites so I feel obliged to read up and refresh my memory.  I was never a big fan of WWII history and even now I do not watch war movies.  No, I've never seen "Saving Private Ryan".  Not my cup of tea.  But I do appreciate the history so ... that's got to get done.  I'll give myself a trip to the Rack while I'm up in  Alderwood as a reward for all of the other tedious chores I will be performing. 

No comments: