24 July, 2012

From an office torn apart

Yesterday I started dismantling my office, getting ready for the move.  When I leave tomorrow I have to be ready for the mover so he can put my big things in the hall on Thursday.  I have one cart load of books that I've got to find a place for this morning before I can do anything else.  I am hoping I can pop them onto the shelves in my new office.  Maybe I can just stack them there because I don't think Marcia has done much with her preparation yet.

I had a very nice run yesterday afternoon, after slacking off for more than a week.  I was surprised that my pace was so good.  It's going to be nicer today, so maybe it's time for shorts again.  It is July after all.  The end of July! 

I am sorely disappointment in the response I've gotten - or rather not gotten - with regards to the golf tournament and dinner.  The fact that there is a multi-class potluck picnic this coming weekend may have something to do with it.  I just don't know what to do!  I can't wait much longer before confirming or cancelling with the golf club.  And we'll lose our deposits which is bad.  Maybe I can get a couple of foursomes out golfing and have the rest of the people just meet us in the restaurant and order their own dinners.  I guess I'll give it another day or so before making the decision.  I sent out a big email yesterday as did my co-host.  We may yet get some late comers.  It's just .... I just don't need any more stress right now.  I've got to find something fun to look forward to, which will keep my mind off this other stuff.

Name change has stalled.  I want to get my picture taken and get my new passport but whenever I remember it happens to be a day when I've got a hive (or three) on my face.  They are slowing down - thank goodness.  Hopefully they will be all gone soon.  I crave a really hot hot shower.

It was a bland evening - dog walking, dinner preparation and sock knitting.  I finished up the gusset stitches and am now working on the foot.  It seems strange that the only project I have going now is a pair of socks!  I'll remedy that when football season arrives.

1 comment:

Clayton Steadham said...

Good luck on your big move to the new office! It must’ve taken quite a while to pack everything up. There must be a lot of files and big pieces that need to be very carefully packed away, so that they could be ready for the movers. Where are you moving to? Is your new office going to be bigger than your previous one? I hope you put up pictures of your new office space when you’ve settled in!