09 July, 2012

Nice while it lasted

Obviously, I can't be on vacation all the time.  Which is really too bad, because it seems that when I'm not on vacation I am destined to be covered in hives.  I wasn't home for more than a few hours before they started popping up again!  It is crazy!  And they are coming in exactly the same places they were the last time, as well as a few more new ones.  It seems to me that I am feeling much less stress than when I left but my body says not so.  I am acutely aware of the mountain of things I have before me.  Maybe when I feel I have better handle on the immediate future I'll calm down.  In the meantime, I will look forward to my run this afternoon and know that at least for that time I'll be feeling better.

I can happily report that my little horseback riding adventure did not knock me down as I had feared it would.  I was a little sore for a couple of days - nothing major. I'll bet I'll be more sore after running today.  It's been two weeks -- or maybe more.  It is beautiful and sunny and warm.  Shorts for sure today.

I didn't do much of anything  Saturday after getting home except put my house back together and have some dinner.  Yesterday was devoted to chores.  I had two suitcases to unpack, a mountain of laundry, doggie walking and bath time and I even got my Aristida shawl blocked out.  Tonight I need to cut 159 pieces for the fringe and it'll be done.  And yes, I'm keeping it myself.  It would be much too hot for my sister.  Maybe I can find a nice cotton or silk blend .... maybe rayon ... and make a second one for her.

Oddly, we had a little thunder storm last night and Tink was going crazy.  She doesn't bark or whine, but she tries to get as close to me as she can, which sometimes means she tries to crawl INTO me.  That hurts.  And it was hot so she was panting even though the fan was going full.  Of course who can see the little scratches she made when I'm covered in welts?  Not an issue.

It was rumored before I left that I may be getting an office with a window!  That's the good part.  The bad part is that it would be in a very busy and consequently noisy area.  I don't care though.  If I get offered the space I am going to take it.  It has been too long since I've had natural light.  If the noise is really bothersome I can always close the door to the office, which is something I can't do comfortably here.

Well, I'd better start digging in.  And counting - only 20 weeks until my next adventure.

No comments: