23 July, 2012

Why I hate musicians

Well ... I guess that is a bit broad.  I don't hate ALL musicians.  Or  not all of them all of the time.  Right now I am extremely disappointed in one in particular.  I was having a lovely weekend.  Friday night I went up to rehearse harmonies with the bass player and Gregg.  It was fine and we got a lot of work done.  We figured then a couple more full band rehearsals - one on Sunday for sure - and we'd be ready to go for the benefit this coming Sunday. 

It was that kind of weekend - good things and then bad things.  Saturday was a gorgeous, sunny day and I had a fun time out at the Bite of Seattle, which I haven't attended in years and years.  The music was good, the beer cold.  All in all a great day.  Then I got home and picked up the mail and found a really nasty surprise in there, thanks to my ex.  Talk about sucking the fun out of a day.  So instead of doing laundry I just did some grocery shopping and relaxed on the couch and watched a movie, looking forward to my Sunday band rehearsal.

Sunday morning as I was having my breakfast I got a call from Gregg.  The bass player had just called him to say he didn't want to do it after all!  Just like that, one week before we're set to perform!  Oh I was SO mad!  I am still so mad!  Gregg couldn't get him to give a reason, but the drummer spoke to him as well and finally got it out of him - he didn't want to do the work to learn any more songs.  Unbelievable.  So that means we will just be a duo and definitely not be going 45 minutes.  That's just such a selfish move!

So blam!  There I had an entire day stretched out before me that had previously been filled with band rehearsal.  The laundry got done, the errands got done and it was still not noon.  Tink got a couple of nice long walks and I listened to my audiobook while we walked.  I am getting near the end of it but must make it last until the 25th.

I just wanted to pout and be grumpy but I ended up realizing that the bad guys win if that's how I'm going to act, so instead I picked up my socks and worked on the gusset stitches, which is always a long and tedious process.  I am more than half way through now.  Had a nice dinner and today I'm going to be able to run, which should feel really good. 

Things will get better.  They always do.  Just .... I'd rather it be sooner than later!

No comments: