16 July, 2012

Malodorous bus passengers

One can usually spot them - the folks who may not be smelling springtime fresh - and take a seat upwind, so to speak.  I was fooled this morning though.  And I don't know if this is a blessing or not, but a couple of stops after I got on and took my seat, a woman got on wearing WAY too much (cheap) perfume.  The combination was unusual, to say the least.  However it did mask the worst of it so I guess I shouldn't complain too loudly.

Last Friday the weather turned and we were treated to a thunder storm.  It ruined my plans for a walk up to the bank and a run back, since it was pouring.  Saturday morning was much the same.  It wasn't actually raining when we went out for our morning walk, but the thunder was grumbling and I cut it short because it looked like rain was on its way.  I took a quick trip to the grocery store and was ready to get laundry going but I was met in the vestibule by a maintenance man who informed me that the water would be shut off for the next few hours to replace a water tank.  So no laundry.  I should have taken myself back out and gone to to the nail salon, but work is being done on Northgate Way and it's a nightmare.  Plus, truth be told, the work of keeping a positive attitude in the face of all this and that and the other nonsense is tiring.  I just didn't have it in me to get out and fight the traffic and so instead thought I'd go through my WIPs or pick out a new project to start.  But that didn't work either.  Nothing was speaking to me. I ended up loafing on the couch reading the Grisham novel I had started about NFL football in Italy.  It was a short read and lead me to some lovely daydreaming.  Not productive but it soothed my soul I guess you could say.

Saturday was a sleepless night.  I stayed up late late late finishing that book and wasn't asleep for long before the wind kicked up again and the blinds were rattling like crazy.  I had to shut them finally because it kept waking me up.  But the worst was done and I ended up sleeping until 9:30 Sunday morning!  Oh and then I was truly sorry I hadn't gotten my nails done because I had to get Tink walked, then do my nails and be up at Rusty's for a rehearsal at 1:30.  With a little hustle I got it all done and we had a pretty good rehearsal.  Not great because I had mistakenly thought that the bass player and drummer had been given CDs of the songs last week.  Not so, therefore we had to waste time teaching them the songs instead of working on harmonies.  We will be getting together at least two more times before the 29th, I sincerely hope. 

I need to run today.  Let's hope the rain holds off. 

No comments: