25 July, 2012

I wouldn't go back

I wouldn't go back to how things were 16 months ago.  Not for all the money in the world.  This isn't a pity party, just an observation.  But sometimes it is crazy difficult to be alone because you can't ever get a break.  [Well, unless you check yourself into a loony bin.]   It would be so nice to be able to say,  "Could you just take care of things for a few days?  Walk the dog?  Plan the meals?  Do the shopping and the laundry?  I just need a little break".  That's what was going through my mind yesterday.  But I chose my path and this is the price I pay.  Totally worth it.

I guess in a way I got a break.  A few breaks.  First,  the sun shone all day and it was lovely and not too hot.  Then, I had a super awesome run at lunchtime.  I was fast and strong.  When I got home, there was no bad news in the mailbox!  Hooray!  All good things.  I was invited out to eat at my little local Indian restaurant, which is yummy.  So all in all a good day.

The night however -- I swear I must have woken up four or five times!  The first time I woke up was very strange.  I could smell a sweet coffee drink.  I mean, it was so strong that I swear that's what woke me up.  I just can't figure out where it was coming from.  My best guess is the people in the apartment below me.  It was warm so it could be they had a fan going but still ... it was as if there was a tray of coffee in my room.    I don't know what else woke me - probably just random noises.  A siren once.  Noisy people getting out of a car in the parking lot.  I can sleep in a bit tomorrow and I most likely will do that.

Gregg is coming by tonight to rehearse a bit rather than having me drive all the way up to Snohomish.  That's nice of him.  He left a message last night that he has been in touch with another guitar player who will be playing with us.  That'll help fill out the sound.

Noon knitting today and then for most of the rest of the day I'm going to have to concentrate on getting all my stuff packed up and ready to go.  Lucky I can take that kind of time now.  In a few weeks it would have had to wait.

No comments: