10 July, 2012

The mystery invisible package

When I was going through the mail Saturday evening I found a notice from the USPS saying that a package had been left with the front desk on June 30th, while I was gone.  I'm not expecting anything ... a surprise!  The office was closed by that time and closed also on Sunday, so yesterday morning I phoned to let them know I was back and to make sure they hadn't returned the package, since it had been a week since the notice was put into my mailbox.  However, when I came by the office after work there was no package for me.  It could be that the mailman had written the wrong apartment number on the slip.  It's a mystery and it's driving me crazy!  I am going to take the notice back to the office tonight, just to double check.

I snapped a picture of the tremendous, ugly hole in the hedge this morning.  It is not very bright today, but you can clearly see the outline of a big truck.  What is not clear is the depth of the ugly hole.  I sure wish they'd assign that spot to someone so it wouldn't be visible all the time. The only thing that kept that idiot from going right through was the tree trunk - not visible here but you can see a branch at the top of the picture. That kind of wanton destruction just makes my blood boil!

The weather was not as nice as predicted yesterday (big surprise? Not really) and even though I wanted to run, I decided to take a check up to the bank and do my name changing business up there at the same time.  The checks for the golf tournament/reunion dinner are coming in at a trickle and I get them in the bank as soon as I can.  Now there's the bank done - which leaves a few credit cards, utilities, passport -- quite a bit left to do.

The Arista shawl was dry last night so I cut the 159, 9" pieces of yarn for the fringe and started putting it on.   That is an extremely tedious project by the way.  I got nearly half way done and put it down.  I will try to finish it up tonight so I can take it to noon knitting on Wednesday.

Sunday Gregg gave me a  nice song list for the upcoming fundraiser gig in July and now we need to start rehearsing.  I think I'll go up Thursday evening and then we can have a full band rehearsal on the weekend.  He chose some good songs - some we did last time we worked together and a couple from the first band we were in together and then a couple new ones, "Lovesong" being one of them, which I have been wanting to sing ever since I heard Adele's cover of it.  Lots of work to do.

I got the word yesterday - I will be moving to a new office July 23rd!  It will not be perfect - that area is notoriously hot and stuffy when the weather gets hot because the air conditioning just doesn't work very well, but the idea of having natural light is just too tempting.  And as I said, I can always close my door - it has a window with blinds I can close for privacy, plus the windows that open onto the courtyard!  Hoorah!!

No comments: