18 July, 2012

Is humiliation really all that helpful?

I suppose because my immune system is a bit compromised because of stress - witness the hives - I am destined to catch every single little bug that crosses my path these days!  I wasn't here Monday much past 11 when it became apparent I would be much better off at home.  I was pretty much back to normal by yesterday afternoon.  Now I need to play catch up.  Perhaps getting organized should be first on the list.

On the weekend I had forgotten to get dog food so I had to go out yesterday afternoon and thought I'd take the opportunity to run my car through the car wash.  It really needed it, since I park under trees.  I didn't have any cash, but supposed that either I could get some at the car wash at an ATM or from the cashier when I paid.  But the cashier wouldn't give me any cash, saying he was unable to do so for another couple of weeks - which made no sense but I was not willing to argue.  I simply said that I needed money to tip the attendants but he just looked at me and shrugged.  Very helpful.  I went through the car wash and had to pass the tip jar without putting anything in it.  Thankfully there was no one standing right there.  Ah, but they are quick.  They checked, of course, and before I could get around the corner and into the traffic, which was rather thick, the news had spread.  As I sat at the corner waiting for a break in the traffic I had to endure the calls of  "CHEAP"! coming from the guys washing the next car in line.  I had to sit there for a while and endure this since the traffic would not give me a break.  I finally put the window down and yelled back, "Hey!  It's not my fault!  He wouldn't give me any cash".  That shut them up - most just one guy - but really, I didn't need that kind of attention.

I did get the heel turned on the first pair of top down socks I've had on the needles in ages and ages.  I brought them in for noon knitting today.  I think next time I get some free time and am at odds I'll make myself finish another project.  And speaking of finishing I still need to press block that Elsie cardigan.  I could have used it today.

And here's my final thought.  No news is NOT good news.  It's just no news.

No comments: