11 July, 2012

Late start

Monday night I stayed up WAY too late, finishing up the book about Henry VIII's wives.  Fascinating read and I couldn't put it down.  I was sorry to have it end.  So I was pretty tired last night.  I went to bed at my normal time but I woke up at 1:30 and my thoughts started spinning and I was awake for a couple of hours.  I read email - there was a nice surprise in there.  I read some news on my iPad - I know you're not supposed to use electronic devices when you have insomnia but I always do anyway.  Finally I put everything away and spent some time in my happy place, standing at the window and looking out at the lake.  That calmed me down and I went to sleep finally, but turned off the alarm this morning.  I feel great so that extra little hour of sleep helped me out.

I had a  pretty good run yesterday, although the best part about it was that my hives disappear while I'm running.  It's the craziest thing.  I won't be able to run today though since it's noon knitting.  I brought my scarf and the fringe to go on it.  I have found that if I have knitting chores like finishing, it goes much quicker if I bring it in and do it while I'm chatting.

I did bring my mystery package slip to the office yesterday and no, there is not a package for me.  He said we have a new mailman - or mail woman - and things have been a little weird. 

The sunshine is here, summer is here.  It is supposed to get warm today.  I know it is going to be a big issue in my new office, not having air conditioning.  But I think it will be worth it.

I had a good news/bad news type of day yesterday and I am trying to cope.  Usually I wouldn't advocate this, but putting it out of my mind completely seems the only way to cope successfully.  It is what it is, and it will turn out how it does and I have no control.  That's the tough part.  But I'm up for it.  

No comments: