14 November, 2012

An inadvertent sleep in

I haven't been using my alarm clock since I got my new iPhone.  The dock is different so I can't charge my phone in it and I found that I was just hitting the snooze button or turning it off altogether.  So now I set the alarm on my iPhone before I turn out the light.  But I forgot last night, probably because I had yet another blinding headache.  I woke up around 7:30 feeling grrrrreat!  I hot footed it in to work and made it here just a little over 30 minutes late.  Not bad.

I guess I'm going to be super well rested for the race next Sunday.  I didn't run Monday because I had that sinus thing going on, I didn't run yesterday because I didn't get in to work until nearly noon and didn't want to run back out again and I won't run today because it's Wednesday.  That leaves Thursday and Friday and I am okay with that.  My running last week was just awesome, so there's no reason to think I won't have a great race Sunday.

I had a lazy evening, not even picking up any knitting.  The weather was miserable for both of Tink's walks and I just felt like curling up and staying warm.  I did manage to figure out nearly my entire wardrobe for my trip.  I have a couple of days yet to work out but this time everything is doing double duty.  [I say that every time, don't I?]  My biggest quandary is the knitting.  I am pretty certain that I have brought knitting on all my trips and hardly, if ever, touched it.  Last April when I was in France I know that I knit one afternoon for a bit as I was cooking dinner.  Other than that ... nothing.  So I think I'm going to risk it this time and not even bother packing it.  That'll mean all that much more room for bringing home Christmas goodies.

Now I just have to make it through the rest of this week!!!

No comments: