19 November, 2012

It was SO wet!

The autumn storms are here in spades and it was pouring rain Sunday morning.  But races are never cancelled and so off I went in the pouring rain to run around Green Lake.  Oh, and it was cold to boot.  I put on my bike jacket, which is water repellent and pinned my bib number to my thigh.  The bad weather kept quite a few people away though, you could tell.  There were bib numbers over 2,000 but there weren't nearly that many people there.  And yes, I did do the fastest 5K for me.  Not as fast as last Thursday, unfortunately, but faster than any officially recorded time and so I am very very happy about that.  And when that race was over -- boom! --- I was in vacation mode!  Unfortunately I have to work today and tomorrow morning but mentally - I'm on vacation. 

After standing under the shower until the water was no longer hot, I got dressed and headed to the mall to get my nails done and to pick up a few things, then football and beer and lunch at the Ram.  I have to get more than 13.6 points from the Chicago defense in order to win my match up tonight.  I had a couple of REALLY bad performances and one guy didn't get me a single point!  Luckily my opponent had just as bad luck as I did so I do still have a chance.  I have to pack tonight but I have all of my laundry done so it shouldn't be so bad.  I am expecting the weather to be about the same as it is here, unfortunately.  Last November it was positively warm!  I don't think I'm in for that kind of treat this year.  But it will be wonderful, no matter the weather!

I am still holding strong on not bringing any knitting.  I wavered a bit last night, thinking I might as well bring something but if my travel history has taught me anything it's that as much as I think I'm going to knit, I just never do!  I'll save the space for something really important - like little mince pies!

Now I've got lots and lots of work so this day should zoom by.  I don't mind.  I'm getting quite anxious to be on my way.

No comments: