06 November, 2012

It keeps happening

I had an awesome run on Friday, breaking my own record for fastest mile and yesterday I ran my fastest kilometer, which would put me more than 3 minutes faster than I've ever run for a 5k at that pace.  It is the banana.  Odd, but that's what it seems to be.  Needless to say the banana is now a staple in my breakfast.  I am just so happy I can hardly contain myself.  I've been trying and trying to get faster and nothing has worked.  I cannot wait for that race on the 18th!  And then a few days later I'll be in London.  How could things possibly get any better?

I had big plans to get home and give my apartment a good cleaning but instead I got a few things tidied up and said to heck with the rest.  It is nothing that can't wait another day and I was tired.  I just wanted to zone out, which is what I did.   And I got a great night's sleep so tonight will be chore night.  I did not knit, unfortunately.  I was itching to get my hands on that angora blouse but I knew I was just a little too tired to confidently knit lace so I lazed around on the couch reading magazines and flipping through the channels.  Of course my fantasy match up opponent did NOT get his points and so I won this week and now am tied again for first, but I'm listed as second because the other guy has more points than I do.  Now this week if I can win again and he can lose again, then I'll be first!

The DOL in the University neighborhood is closed on Mondays so today is the day I can file my papers and be done with the car.  Yesterday I started to reserve a Zipcar for my dental appointment next week but the lot has been discontinued in the small parking lot across the bridge from my office so the next closest is in the main parking garage for upper campus which is a half mile from here.  That's not a big deal, but it adds maybe 10 minutes onto the trip.  When I did the math it is free and nearly the same amount of time to take the bus, so that's what I'll do.  I am anxious to take my first Ziptrip but it can wait.

I've started thinking about what I'm going to take on my trip this month.  Again, of course, packing light is the key.  I think I've got a good wardrobe arranged where I will need only my walking boots and two other pairs of shoes.  I am not going to be doing a lot of shopping, but there are Christmas goodies that I know I will want to bring back, so I've got to leave myself room for those.  I've got two weeks to get it ironed out.


No comments: