16 November, 2012

Bus rant #2

Part of the route one of my buses travels is along an extremely narrow residential road that unfortunately also allows curbside parking, making it even narrower.  The buses need to look out for each other and make sure they can both pass, so typically one waits as the other passes.  Yesterday on the way home the southbound bus did not let my bus, the northbound bus, pass and instead thought there would be room for the two of them to make it around each other.  Unfortunately because of a car parked on the east side of the street the southbound bus got stuck before my bus driver thought he had enough clearance to get around her.  So do you know what he did?  He just stopped and called his supervisor, letting the traffic back up on both sides of the road.  People were having to back up and turn around and take a detour.  Finally a passenger from the southbound bus got out and tried to convince my driver that he could easily make it by driving just a little but up onto the curb and the driver refused to do it, saying he needed permission from his supervisor.  Unbelievable.  The passenger then guided the southbound driver in backing her bus up enough to let my sissy driver pass.  MY driver could have gotten out and helped that other driver back up but no, he needed permission.  What an ass.  Oh well, soon enough I'll be on a one bus route that has no narrow streets.

I can hardly believe it but yesterday again I had another stellar run, this time breaking my own mile AND 5K records.  I guess having a few days off didn't hurt at all.  I probably shouldn't be getting my hopes up for a super duper run on Sunday.  Anything could happen - like another party downstairs.  They were quiet last night.  Let's hope they're not saving up for a big bash this weekend.

I have a HUGE weekend coming up.  Vacation is going to be just what the doctor ordered.  Rest and relaxation and happiness in the company of my friends.  In the meantime I've got to get through quite a few chores but then Sunday morning is the run and the rest of the day will be fun fun fun -- a mani/pedi, lunch and football at the Ram and a little shopping.  Now if I could only win my match up this weekend!!!  Reggie Bush is killing me!!  I might have to drop him.  Last Sunday he got benched after a fumble and ended up getting me only a few points out of the 12 or so he was projected to have.  Last night was another bad performance - I think I got 2.7 out of 11.5 points projected.  Not good.  I'll have to count on the Bears defense to go crazy Monday night.

No comments: