15 November, 2012

The tenants with nothing to lose

My noisy neighbors .... oh I cannot wait to get out of this place!  They had another party Saturday night, waking me out of a deep sleep at 12:30 with their music, not to mention the odd bangs (sounds like they are body slamming into the walls) and the girls screaming.  I threw on my pajamas and went downstairs, pounded on the door and they answered and again promised to turn the music down.  They did, but that didn't stop the banging and the girls screaming and the smoke, which comes up into my apartment because of the shoddy fans in the bathrooms.  It went on until 3:30.  The apartment office was closed Sunday so Monday I dropped by to ask what could be done about them.  Turns out, probably nothing.  The manager told me they had been having trouble with them, had turned it over to the lawyers and he was sorry they were bothering me.  Yup.  It sounds to me like they are being evicted so they have nothing to lose.  Again last night they started up with the super loud music -- let me stop here and explain that I am not being overly sensitive.  These apartment walls are thick and I never heard a single peep out of my previous neighbors.  These guys are turning it up to 11.  Anyway, they started up again and I realized that I have two choices.  I can get angry about it and lose sleep or I can just accept it for what it is - temporary - put in some ear plugs and carry on.  That is what I did.  If they start up that nonsense on Saturday night again I risk being 100% for the race on Sunday if I get all wound up, so I am going to relax and think about England.  hee

I did some great work on the lace blouse at knitting yesterday afternoon, but nothing at home.  I wasn't in the mood for that much concentration.  I took it easy, made a lovely salmon dinner and turned in to read.  The weather is great today and I am looking forward to my run.  It is supposed to be rainy this weekend, which is good for me.

Work is pretty slow these days, compounded by the fact that I am not motivated to do much but daydream about what I'm going to be doing next week and the week after.  I have lists and list of things I want to do and people I want to see.  And a couple of wonderful train rides to look forward to.  I love riding trains.  But in the meantime -- time for another cup of tea!

No comments: