05 November, 2012

The deed is finally done

After a few false starts getting together with my nephew to make the handover, I finally got it done yesterday early afternoon.   And now I am completely car-less.  I'm all signed up for Zipcar although I have yet to activate my membership.  So far I don't have any plans to use one until my dentist appointment next Tuesday, but I'm going to have to reserve one so I will do that today.  My big chore today is getting the title transfer filed with the DOL.  There is an office not too far from here and, if it's open on Mondays, I plan on taking the bus up there, getting the paperwork filed, and then running back to work.  I believe it should be pretty close to 2.5 miles.  Close enough anyway.  When I get the paperwork filed and my car insurance cancelled, then I'll feel free of my car. 

Besides that I had an incredibly busy weekend.  I am helping a friend with the remodeling of his house, so there were hours spent looking at cabinets and counter tops which was really fun.  I got to pick up all my boots I had taken to the shop to be repairs.  Woohoo!  It's like getting new shoes for a bargain price.  Then I bit the bullet and finally got some new running shoes.  I have noticed that mine are definitely ready to be replaced.  Unfortunately the ones I wanted weren't in stock so they are being sent.  I just want them in time to break them in before my race on the 18th.

No word yet on if there is an apartment available for me at the new place.  I am going to get in touch this morning.  People have until the 10th to give their written notice.  Which means I am under the same rules in my place.  I had better stop by for a chat today to let them know my intention and see how flexible they can be.

In between all of the running around and laundry and such there was football.  Friday night the Huskies won (yay) and Sunday the Seahawks won (yay) and it looks like I will win my matchup this week!  My opponent has one player in tonight's game and he has to get over 30 points to beat me.  It's not likely.  Also, the one guy who is one game up on me looks like he's going to lose so we'll be tied again.  Oh this is exciting!!

I didn't get to do any cleaning this weekend so I must get on that tonight.  At least I got the laundry done.  The clocks even got turned this weekend but I was so tired from running around I don't feel like I really took advantage of it.  No knitting either.  I have a week of catching up to do.

No comments: