07 November, 2012

New apartment on the horizon

As instructed, I checked in to see if anyone had given notice on an apartment that fits my needs and  lo and behold they did!  The only hitch is that I had to go in person to give them money to hold the unit while my application was processed.  This was 11 am when I got that news so I thought this would be the perfect time to try Zipcar - zip over there and back in an hour.  But there were no Zipcars near - probably because it was getting close to midday - so I had to bus it.  It wasn't so bad.  There is a direct bus, which is very handy.   I had decided to postpone going to the Department of Licensing to report the sale/gifting of my car, but the bus on the way back to work stopped right in front of it, so I went in only to find out that my nephew had already reported it on Monday.  I was under the impression that I had to go in person but hooray anyway.  I cancelled my car insurance as soon as I got back to work.

My move in date is December 15, so I have plenty of time to purge myself of all that extra junk I've been carrying around, and to figure out how I'm going to arrange myself into 605 sq ft.  I downloaded an app for my iPad last night and that's what I did - fiddled with the app, adding furniture and trying to get the dimensions of the apartment down.  It's going to be tight but not impossible.  I love the fact that the windows look out onto the square and there is a fountain below.  What I am just a little bit concerned about is that this is listed as a studio with a sleep alcove, which really means just that it has a bedroom, but there's no window to the outside.  I like fresh air when I sleep, but there are always fans so I'm not going to worry about it.  The location is awesome and the apartment is only 1 year old.  And there is a washer and dryer in the unit - woohoo!  Right downstairs on the square are several restaurants and right across the way is the Regal Cinema and I get two free passes a month. 

I didn't get to run yesterday, nor will I today but that's okay.  I am feeling SO good and I've got another entire week to train plus Thursday and Friday this week.  I'll be fine.

Well, I am very glad the election is over and pleased with the results.  No more politics for four years.

No comments: