08 November, 2012

One extreme or the other

So now the seasons are changing and it is actually getting cooler outside.  Into the 30s at night and there was frost on the grass this morning.  The heating in this building - well, in this collection of buildings here at the Health Sciences Center - is wacky.  In the summer you see people bundled up in heavy sweaters and in the winter others running around in short sleeves.  At the beginning of this week and all last week our offices here were sweltering.  I had my fan on and windows open.  It was close to 80 degrees in all of our offices.  And then yesterday ... brrrrr.  However, around the corner in the another corridor a lab was in the 80s.  It's just crazy.  You have to dress in layers all year 'round.  But I zipped the lining into my coat this morning because I knew I'd be cold on the way to work and I am glad I did.  It's clear and going to be a lovely afternoon for a run. 

At noon knitting yesterday I finally got back into my lace blouse and did a couple of rows there and then when I got home and got settled I did another few.  It is growing larger and larger. Soon I'll have to change to a larger needle.  And oh is it ever pretty!  The angora gets all over anything dark though and the fuzz made it quite difficult to knit on it with my contact in.  At least I am not allergic to it.

I spent a little more time on my iPad app trying to figure out how to arrange my furniture in my new place.  I got a call and it's 99.9% approved.  The woman who called me said I could give my notice at my new place.  She doesn't have the final sign off from her boss, but was confident enough to call me and say it's on and I am sooooooo happy!!  I can't get in to actually see the unit until I get back from my trip, but that's okay.  It'll give me something to look forward to and then, hopefully, I won't get the post-vacation blues that typically knock me down for a few weeks when I return from Europe.  Maybe tonight I'll start on the closet in my office.  I am going to be ruthless.  Yes, ruthless!

No comments: