13 November, 2012

The reality of not owning a car

Today was the first time I really had to deal with not having a car.  I had a dentist appointment at 10 so I stayed home and went from there rather than come in to work and turn right around and head back out.  It should have been a simple enough trip but the One Bus Away app was not accurate for some odd reason.  It was saying that my first bus was running very late, so I took off walking the mile to the second stop rather than risk being late.  And since yesterday was a holiday I had not only  my purse but another bag with my running clothes and my week of lunches and yogurt and tea and oatmeal.  Not so heavy but rather awkward.  Of course I was half way to the second bus stop when the bus went by - not late at all!  Other than that, it was fine.  Thankfully it wasn't raining. 

Yesterday was a holiday for us and I loved having the 3 day weekend.  Saturday I did all of my chores and errands and watched the Huskies win.  That  left Sunday absolutely 100% free of anything but football and knitting and I did plenty of that.  Because I was watching games I worked on the simple project, the Argosy wrap which is SO huge!  But the end is in sight.  The Seahawks also won their game, but unfortunately I lost my match up this weekend.  I am still second but I was very disappointed to lose. 

Saturday I signed the lease at my new place and so I wanted to get a start at cleaning out my closets on Monday.  Unfortunately I had another sinus headache and so didn't get as much done as I had wanted to, but still managed to get one closet done.  Now I have to find a way to get those two heavy bags donated.  I am sure I can strong arm someone into helping.  And then after a lovely little nap I had a nice long afternoon to work on the lace blouse.  I got a good bit done.  Pretty soon I'll have to move it to longer needles. 

I am starting to get really excited about my trip.  One more week!  And I am busy busy this week and the weekend so the time is going to zip by.  I am so looking forward to it!!

No comments: