17 April, 2013

Sunglasses in the morning

Oh hooray!  It's finally light enough in the morning to wear sunglasses.  Now I can stare with impunity at all the weirdos on the bus. 

Yesterday was a little better.  Not so much vacation hang over and I have a big project that keeps me busy.  It's a little tedious at this point while I'm making pages and links, so I can indulge myself and listen to some podcasts.  I have found sports podcasts and now I can listen to football talk whenever I want to.  It's spring practice time for the universities so there is much chatter about that -- some interesting and some nonsense.   There are podcasts about sports in general and some about football only.  When it's closer to the season then I suppose I'll only listen to the football ones.  The thing is, there are only so many hours in the day and I also listen to audiobooks on the bus.  But this way, when the current audiobook is done I can listen to sports rather than Pandora or my iTunes.  Sometimes music makes me too nostalgic.  Or too yearn-y.  Is that a word?  You know what I mean.

After my chores and Tink walking I actually picked up my knitting and I knit on those socks!  I must say it felt pretty good to get my needles back in my hands.  I just can't knit when I'm sick, and I've been sick for nearly a month!  Now I've got to start back running.  On my mini-vacation I bought some new running tights.  My doctor doesn't want me running outside this week and I still don't really feel up to it inside OR outside.  I'll give myself the rest of this week if I need it, but  next Monday whether I feel like it or not, I'm going to get out there and at least pretend.  It's going to take a few times to get back into it.  I'm sure my legs will be fine but I'll have to work on my wind.

Noon knitting today, but poor Peggy is still out sick.  It sounds like she's got something like I had, although hers went to her ears.  Ouch.  At least she was smarter than I and went to the doctor WAY sooner.  Hopefully she'll be able to join us Saturday.  


No comments: