28 May, 2013

One day it's fine and the next .... not

That's the way it seems to go with my hair.  One day it's fine and the next it's WAY too long.  I wish I had booked a haircut for my last appointment but I didn't and now I have to wait until the third week of June!  I should have blown it dry last night but I was just simply not in the mood, especially since it's been raining and I knew I would be running today.  So I can spend 20 or 30 minutes drying my hair and then go outside for one run and it looks like I've been electrocuted.  Maybe I won't be so lazy tonight - but I'm not going to count on it.

I finished the socks finally.  I got the toes Kitchener stitched last evening.  I wanted to cast on for my next project but I put it off.  It means casting on over 400 stitches and I wasn't in the mood for that either.  Tonight I can hopefully do it.  I am going to use the Ella Rae Shibu I have stashed and the Indian Feathers pattern to make a summer scarf/wrap.   I'm going to modify it by adding fringe with beads onto the points of the "feathers".  I will do nups rather than beads on the lace feather portion since I plan on adding beads to the fringe. I think both places would be overkill. 

I did have a pretty nice and lazy weekend.  The weather wasn't very nice though.  Saturday was the best, weather wise, and I got to spend some time with some girlfriends looking at condos and then having lunch.  But Sunday and Monday both were cloudy and rainy.  Tink got some good walks and I got some good down time.  And Sunday afternoon I saw the new Star Trek movie at the IMAX 3-D theatre.  Oh it was fantastic and Benedict Cumberbatch was perfect as the villain.  The Regal also has the digital 3-D in a couple of theatres so next time I go I'm going to try that.  Supposedly it's a better 3-D experience.  I don't know how that could be.

I know it's only May -- late may -- but I have friends who rent vacation villas in Mexico and they have already made their reservations for late January 2014.  This is basically 8 months in the future, mind you.  I would love to go.  I do really enjoy Hawaii but I've never been to this part of Mexico and the villas on the 4 mile stretch of beach look fabulous.  They all have gorgeous swimming pools and they are also right on the beach.  The pictures they sent while on their last vacation there a few months ago looked just like Hawaii.  But I hear the food and entertainment is much less expensive.  So -- that's something to look forward to.  Something WAY down the line.

The medical students are having their finals this week and I'm slated to proctor two different groups on Thursday.  Otherwise I'm planning on a fairly quiet, short week with Tink's surgery on Friday.  I'd better book my ZipCar and start digging out the travel kennel for her.  That's not going to be fun.

No comments: