07 May, 2013

Record breaking weather

This morning we have some low clouds, but we are still expected to see 80 degrees today!  The weather has been just spectacular.  I decided to take last Friday off as a vacation day and I'm so glad I did.  I just knew I wouldn't be able to concentrate with all the sunshine and nice weather plus I really wanted some uninterrupted knitting time.  My friend Peggy showed me how to fix my backwards stitches on the Mariah and I was ready to get some real work done on it.

Tink and I had a nice sleep in and then a walk.  I had a 10:30 appointment 2 miles away and walked it rather than get a ZipCar or fiddle with the bus, which didn't go straight there anyway.  I was back home before noon and Tink got yet another walk, then I was off to the mall.  I wasn't planning on it but I dropped in to the Nordstrom Rack just to poke around and came out with two pairs of pants and two summer tops.  My original errand was a pair of footless tights and that's what I went for next but Macy's didn't have any except white and black and neon ... NEON .... pink or orange.  Pass.  I really wanted navy but ended up with a nice grey from Nordstrom's.

I grabbed a sandwich and then I couldn't put it off any longer - it was time to do some cleaning.  And oh, I did.  I cleaned that apartment from top to bottom.  One of the nicer things about living in 660 square feet is that it's easy and quick to clean.  And finally, when it was all cleaned up I sat down and did some knitting on the Mariah.  I also did some more later in the weekend.  I should have taken a picture ... well, I will for sure tomorrow.  I have started the sleeve increases and I am starting to know the symbols for the cables so hopefully I can start doing them without the cable needle.  I will start with the simple 2x2 on the edge of the super intricate sleeve cable.  Once I get that technique down I'll move on to the other ones.

I purposefully wanted to have a lower key weekend, especially since this one coming up is going to be super jam packed and then Thursday it's off to the blues festival.  It was perfect weather for riding around in a convertible.  Something that we get much too little of here in Seattle.  Tink was going to get groomed but when I got to the groomers it seems they had written our date down for the following - this coming - Saturday.  Which couldn't be worse but they were already very frazzled so we'll make do.  I had to give her a wash in the meantime though.  Oh she was SO dirty!

Yesterday I went straight to the doctor for my annual exam, although I've seen him so much in these last 6 weeks it seemed pretty silly.  But he did want to check my chest again and we got two thumbs up.  So I ran yesterday for the first time in 7 weeks!!!  It felt so good and I made my entire 30 minutes with only a couple of short walking intervals.  The worse thing that happened is that the zipper on the leg near the ankle rubbed a little blister on my ankle above my heel.  I'm not even sore today!  I can't wait to get back to it this lunchtime.

No comments: