28 January, 2016

Who uses that yarn and for what?

Those oddball colorways.  Or even the pretty ones.  When they are knit up it is usually NOT a pleasing effect.  The single exception is Noro because there are long long runs of color and, usually, they compliment each other.  But some of the others ... well I should say most of the others .... just knit up looking homemade in the extreme.  I know that novice knitters love them, typically, because they're pretty.  More experienced knitters tend to keep to single colors.  It just came to mind because I always pull up the Wool Watcher Deal from Jimmy Beans Wool and the deal this morning is a Madelinetosh pashmina in a horrible colorway.  Yesterday however I bought 5 skeins of Artyarns Merino Cloud in a beautiful grey.  Sometimes you can find a good deal and sometimes you get these awful, ugly colorways.  So, what am I going to do with 1,000 and some yards of Merino Cloud?  I don't know but whatever it is, it will be soft and beautiful.

Last night I did more work on the Winter's Breath Wrap and I also got a good bit done at Noon Knitting.  It's quite easy and goes along quickly but I still have a good bit to do.  I want to finish it up this weekend.  It will be a good scarf to take with me to Europe in the spring.  I think it'll look nice with the pink coat I bought a couple of weekends ago.

Work has been pleasantly busy this week and now it's Thursday!  Woohoo!  Tomorrow I have an early meeting.  I've no plans for the weekend however.  Although we do have to take Ben's new computer bag back to the store so there's that.  And the ProBowl.  Hmmmm .... better start thinking of something.

No comments: