25 May, 2016

Just as bad as I thought it would be

Yesterday was the day I finally told the last person I needed to tell about my retirement.  I was waiting to tell her.  I knew she'd be upset and she was.  I need to let it go.  It's just that she's my friend - or she was my friend.  I knew she wanted me to stay on until her block was over but frankly, I don't want to.  And what I tried to get across to her, I don't have to.  I know that the SOM will not leave her in the lurch.  I know that everything will be lined up and ready to go before I leave.  But she's panicked because she has counted on me for last minutes things for years and years and years.  I understand that but it's not about her.  It's about me.  For the first time in I can't remember how long, I won't be having nightmares during August.  Hopefully I won't be getting sick time and again next fall either.  No stress.  Basically, I feel really bad - except I am not going to be working in 14 weeks.  So I feel really happy too.

And today I'm going to get my new computer.  My rose gold MacBook.  The University Bookstore opens at 9 am and I'm going to get up there and get that thing before they run out of the rose gold.  The no tax day is pretty popular for computer buying.

I got my manicure and pedicure and made it home in time to give Tink a nice walk and get ready for the 5 o'clock meeting.  It was done before 6.  Nice.  Chicken for dinner and a movie.  Then to bed to read.  I know - boring life I lead, yes?  I didn't even knit.  Tonight.  Tonight I will knit.  AND at noon. 

No comments: