17 May, 2016

Sixteen week, but who's counting?

Each time I drive down Avondale road these days I think "This is the last time I'll be driving to the transit center in May".  Sixteen weeks to go.  Sixteen long and boring weeks.  In 3 weeks I can make it official and I'll tell the last of the faculty, the toughest one to tell, that I will not be around for this coming September's mess.  It is difficult to hold my tongue.

I have been thinking that I really need to get myself a computer rather than hold on to my work MacBook Air.  I surely could do it, but I can't ... I'm not supposed to .... run my iTunes off of it.  I need to be able to do that!  And then yesterday I walked into the IT guy's office and noticed a card advertising the tax free day at the University Book Store for computers.  Voila!  There was my sign.  I can save $175 if I buy the computer I want at the U Book Store next Wednesday so I'm going to do it.  I'm going to get a 12" MacBook in rose gold.  It is so light!  Basically it will take the place of my iPad, at some point.  The iPad is getting old and is slow.  I will miss the touch bad but I'll bet you I won't be playing nearly as many games when I retire as I am now!

That jaunt up to the book store at lunchtime took the place of my run.  I was ready but that was more important.  Today is early day so no run.  Tomorrow is Noon Knitting.  We'll shoot for Thursday, shall we?

Rhubarb season is here and I can have rhubarb on my diet (almost done .... couple more months to fine tune) so last night I cooked some up.  Oh yummmmmmm.  I am going to get some more.

No comments: