01 March, 2007

Winter is back ...

with a vengeance! As I write this it's only 3 degrees above freezing. The wind chill this morning was painful. Last night is snowed but thankfully it didn't stick on the streets in town, so I rode in this morning. Up north the streets are covered. There's something about the snow falling that makes Tinkerbell crazy. Last night she was a devil. I think that the sound it falling -- it was not soft, fluffy snow we were getting but more sleet-y so it was making a noise as it fell through the trees. My best guess is that the noise imitates the sound of squirrels or other rodents rustling through the trees and shrubbery because she was acting like something was out there and she wanted to get it. If I let her out she would bark. So I'd have to bring her back in and then she wouldn't stop whining at the door to go out again. She's be fine for a while and then start with the barking. I tried to get her interested in her ball or her other toys and that would work for a minute, she'd get distracted and I could go back to what I was doing and then .... back at the door. I finally threw in the towel at 10 right after "Lost" had started since I realized I wasn't going to be able to sit down and enjoy the program without having to get up a million times to deal with her so up we went to bed. I thought she'd calm down and I could read for a minute before I turned out the lights. No go. She was insistent on getting up, so I turned out the lights. That worked for oh .... about a minute, then she was off the bed and scratching at the door to go out. It was SO annoying!!! I finally let her out into the living room where she sat at the door to the deck and whined and barked for about 10 minutes before giving up and coming to bed. Thankfully she was up only once more during the night what that routine. I was at my wits end! I really didn't know what to do but let her sit there and make noise until she got tired of it. I just hope it doesn't snow again.

Needless to say there wasn't much knitting being done. I did start on my penultimate skein of yarn for the "Cozy". I could have gotten much more done had Tink behaved but oh well ... maybe I'll get something done tonight.

No comments: