12 September, 2007

Does this go without saying ...

that I'm not looking forward to summer being over? This time of year we are just blessed to be able to go to the grocery store and have fresh strawberries and blueberries and blackberries and peaches and nectarines and pears and melons, just to name a few! It won't be long now, I know, that our only choices will be oranges and apples. I do eat apples all year 'round and I love them, but it is also nice to have other choices, right? So you can bet I'm taking advantage of it. Just last night my salad comprised pear and strawberries and spinach - which was a lovely combination. But I also had grapes and blueberries to hand and I had to choose - fruit salad or veggies? Actually I didn't choose, did I? Best of both worlds.

The one single thing I will be thankful for when the weather turns is that it'll be too cold to keep my office window open. It is so noisy out there!! I can barely think sometimes when the trucks are going, revving and beeping. I don't hate my little cubbyhole of an office way out here. It's nice and I get lots of work done because I don't have many distractions, people-wise. But oh the noise is so terrible! And the spiders ..... but we'll let that one go. I have heard of people see much much worse.

I had such an awesome run yesterday even though it was beastly hot. I looks like the clouds are going to stick around for a bit longer today so hopefully I can have another good run and it'll be cooler. It takes me so long to cool down when it's 80 degrees outside.

No knitting last night although I hope to get some good work done this lunchtime with the lunchtime knitting girls and tonight. I am chomping at the bit to start something new but I will NOT until I can finish some things. In fact, I was feeling guilty about my poor Isabella, languishing and awaiting finishing. I put it in it's work bag after it dried and then cleaned up and put the project on top of a shelf so it's not right in my face. I need to take it down and plop it in the middle of the table so I have to look at it all the time. I'm only a few hours away from completion!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on summer being over...esp. when I feel like I didn't even have a summer! If it weren't for the miserable heatwaves as of late, I wouldn't even have noticed! But, there are good things about Fall, too, as you've mentioned. :) BTW...psst...I finished Carmelita!