17 September, 2007

Oh I could just kick myself!!

My Secret Pal's first package arrived on Saturday. I was so excited!! She's a VERY mysterious pal, unlike me. I took pictures and what did I do with my camera? I left it on my desk!!! I had to bring my laptop in to work today so I was packing that up, AND my clothes, AND my lunch AND my workout clothes ... well I sure as heck hope I left it on my desk and not laying in the road somewhere between home and work. Nah ... I must have left it on my desk. Too bad I can't call up Tink and ask her to take a peek for me. Anyway, it is a most excellent package with some gorgeous buttons and wonderful, stunning yarn. I'll definitely post it tomorrow, assuming I can find my camera.

All in all it was a pretty wonderful weekend. Friday was just vegging out. I has purchased some very lovely, skinny ladder yarn at Tuesday Morning, which is a type of "odd lots" store that someone mentioned on Craftster as having yarn once in a while. I started tossing all sorts of oddments into my basket until I realized that they were NOT cheap, even at 50% or more off. So I contented myself with two skeins of a lovely pink/silver/purple for a new scarf. I thought something with a drop stitch would work to show off the yarn. Friday night a tried a couple things and ended up with two strands of recycled cashmere and one of the ladder yarn. And since everyone else in the knitting community is doing Clapotis, I thought I'd do a modified version.

Saturday was errands during the day. I was just finishing up the first of my 12 row repeats of that Modified Clapotis that evening when I realized that my printer had clipped a few very important characters and I'd have to look it up. But at that point my doorbell rang and so I put it down and spent the rest of the evening with two of my girlfriends. They had generously volunteered to come over to help me clean out my closets! Oh no ... it's not something I could do on my own, easy as it sounds. And we had a wonderful time! And I ended up with organized shoes and clothes and bags and bags and BAGS of things to take to Goodwill or whatever. All color coordinate .... *sigh* ... gorgeous.

The only dark spot on Saturday was that the Huskies lost. To Ohio State though, which is nothing to be ashamed about. Contrary to the Seahawks who lost to Arizona on Sunday!!!! Oh ... I don't even want to talk about it.

Sunday I visited the remodeled Seattle Aquarium with my nephew. It was very interesting. I had a great time.

And now another huge week ahead. Hopefully I'll get the rest of the stuff for my secret pal's box and get that out this week. My friend Ruth is having an open house for her new office space. And I'd like to get some good knitting done, if my hand will cooperate.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you liked your package! It's my first SP, so I'm glad to be doing something right!