25 September, 2007

Oh my little no bark-y miracle!

My little Tinkerbell can be a bark-y dog. She is a terrier after all and the squirrels are ALL out to get her. No, seriously. They taunt her. They run along the fence and flip their tails. Not to mention all of the other distractions out there - people walking by with dogs and without dogs and the other dogs in the neighborhood and the wind and the ... well, you name it. Sometimes she's quiet for hours outside and other times I am up and down a million times bringing her in or trying to quiet her down. Enough. I thought I'd try one of the citronella anti-bark collars and lo and behold - it works!! She hates it, of course, but it keeps here much quieter. She'll do one little bark, which is acceptable and much better than her little doggie tirades. She spent a good two hours outside last night, which is garbage night and her bark-a-thon night, typically. Just a couple little woofs. Ahhhh, bliss.

I enjoyed the peace and quiet and tried to calm myself down after all of the aggravation yesterday. No knitting although I was just really really wanting to pick up one of my 3 (or is it 4?) WIPs. I read catalogues and the newspaper and did the crossword puzzle and cooked dinner and watched TV and my fingers twitched for my knitting. Tonight I will pick up something and see how the hand is doing. I guess I could sew up my Isabella ......

No comments: