20 September, 2007

What was I thinking?

I was looking at the Modified Clapotis I had started and thought it might be wise to check on the yardage recommended. hah! I am not even close with the novelty yarn I thought would work! I would definitely have enough of the recycled cashmere but it would not be a very interesting scarf with that. So .... I guess I'll rip it out and think of something else to do with it. I do like the way it goes with the two strands of cashmere (even though they're all wrinkled now) so maybe I'll just make a simple drop stitch scarf and then hope the kinks get washed out of it.

I have been thinking that I'll do a lace leaf pattern scarf with the yarn my Secret Pal sent me. The colors remind me of autumn and there are a couple pretty lace leaf patterns - Knitty's Branching Out, which I've already made, or Liesel. They look very similar, don't they? Or maybe I'll check out some wrap patterns. There is a lot of yarn in that skein.

I actually haven't been doing much knitting because my left hand is still hurting. I took some naproxen this morning and only knit a few rows last night on my sleeves. I had to stop because the purling hurt too much. Doesn't that suck??!! Once work calms down a bit and I'm not typing so much I am assuming that the inflammation will calm down. And in fact it's not typing as much as it is copying and pasting, which I have also been doing a lot of. Terrible when work gets in the way of life, eh?

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Check out Wendy from Knit and Tonic Easy Flame Scarf Pattern http://knitandtonic.typepad.com/ , looks like it would be a great one skein pattern.

I'm planning on giving it a whirl with some Malabrigo lace I picked up. Just need to find the time :)