04 September, 2007

What a morning

Talk about hitting the ground running .... whew, I have been going nonstop since the alarm went off at 6:15. Major disasters averted, things handled, and I didn't scream at anyone!! As luck would have it, it was not only raining but POURING this morning and the students had to do a lot of extra tromping around outside because of all of our construction around here but we're off to a good start. Thank goodness there is only one class like this - five solid weeks. By the end of it the faculty are exhausted and I'm usually hallucinating and drinking WAY too much.

I had a very busy and wonderful and even knitterly weekend. I got all of the ribbing done on the Scoop de Jour sleeves and a couple inches on the plain part. I photographed and posted most of my stash on Ravelry. Wow, that was a chore, I'll tell you. And I missed stuff and I didn't even go through my bins and do the odd things nor did I catalogue the 2 and 3 balls of things, except the Kureyon. So I guess I'm going to have to do it some more, but I feel like I really got a handle on it. Oh, speaking of "handles", my Ravelry name is PinkieDee. I could have used sgolard but you know, I kind of felt silly and whimsical and I thought, "What the heck" .. and so there ya go. And basically it's just a nickname I call Tink. Whimsy strikes us all now and then, doesn't it? What I didn't do this weekend is start sewing up Isabella.

And oh ... I had a wonderful shopping day on Saturday. Bought new bike shorts and my favorite store, Anthropology, was calling to me so I went in there and lo and behold didn't they have a couple of sales racks with two skirts I HAD to have, and a couple tops (okay .. 3) as well as a looooong cardigan. It was fun.

Sunday I did yard work and washed Tinkie and got my nails done and then had a really good rehearsal. No, we still don't have a new bass player but the old one ... he wants to come back!!! Un-freaking- believable. The leader said he'll let him rehearse with us only when the new bass player can't make it or something ... I don't know. I don't care who plays as long as they play well.

The weekend was supposed to end Monday with rain, but it didn't. It was gorgeous and that was the day I went to Bumbershoot. I wanted to see Joss Stone, which I did. And I was disappointed. I was hoping for more of the R&B cover stuff. She sounded good but I didn't care for the song selection at all.

No comments: