18 September, 2007

My awesome Secret Pal

Check out these fantastic goodies from my Secret Pal! She said this is her first secret pal exchange and I'd say she's got it nailed, wouldn't you?? My super favorite color of green Lambs Pride and then a gorgeous skein of a wool and silk blend. Can you see the beautiful sheen of this yarn? It's a very generous skein and I think I should be able to make a simple wrap or large scarf from it and it would be stunning. Then the cute buttons - perfect for a felted bag and a Rowan Felted Collection book. Just wonderful! Thank you SO MUCH, Secret Pal!!

Work is getting in the way of my knitting. I've been laying off because of the soreness in my hand. Tomorrow is Wednesday lunchtime knitting so we'll see how I do there.

And I got some great band news yesterday! I have been rehearsing with 2 bands, one of which has been working but lost one of its singers so I auditioned a few weeks ago and now they've got jobs in October and a new keyboard player and want me to join up! Unfortunately I made plans to go visit my sister on the weekend of one of the jobs but that's the way it goes. I can do the second one, which will be an early Halloween party. This means now two a week rehearsals. I am SO excited!!

I had a ggggreat run yesterday. It's so funny how some days I can barely make it for 30 minutes and other times I'm just flying! I must say I prefer the flying days.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, you do have a good Secret Pal. That is good stuff! :)

Sherrill said...

Felting is fun. What a great package. The weather is fast becoming fall, perfect for knitting and football. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous SP package! How's your hand?