13 September, 2007

A gorgeous morning

What a beautiful day. Too bad the cement trucks are outside my window again. Probably all day long too. I am just hoping that this is not going to be going on for the whole time they are working on that building. It's very nerve wracking.

This morning has been busy busy busy! I'm just now taking a breath. I have nearly finished up with the web sites for the start of the real autumn quarter, which is good news because I have to build a brand new one from the ground up for a new course one of the people I work with is just starting to chair this year. And I can see that it's going to be one of those last minute jobs. I don't mind really. It sure makes the time go by quickly when you're working that hard. And then ... then I get to start a brand new project and I'm really looking forward to it. Not to get too geek-y but it's a database thingie that I'm going to put together. I have some great ideas and now I have to figure out how to implement them. That's the fun part of my job.

Okay - here's a terrible confession and perhaps by laying it right out here in the open it will keep me from doing this again. Yesterday I didn't run. Why? Because I had a new skirt on and I wanted to wear it to noon knitting with my buddies and I didn't want to be all sweaty sitting there! Oh yeah .. I'm going to run and run hard today! Nobody will be around to see me sweating this afternoon.

But while I was knitting yesterday my left hand and shoulder were hurting something terrible! When I purl it really hurts and, of course, those sleeves are stockinette stitch. It's a combination of knitting (or rather, purling) and using my keyboard that is aggravating my hand/arm/shoulder. This morning I could hardly squeeze the brake handle with my left hand! I totally laid off the knitting last night. I guess this would be an opportune time to sew up Isabella, wouldn't it?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hope your hand/arm is feeling better!

Have a great weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

If I can knit Carmelita, you can knit Isabella. ;) Hope you feel better soon!