16 January, 2008

And .... it's gone

The snow, that is. Almost all gone from the roads. I road my bike in this morning and except for the bridge the streets were mostly clear. The bridge is always another story. Maybe today it'll be cleared because it's supposed to get up to 40. My walk home last night was not as slippery but it was definitely colder. I just don't want any more snow. We have a gig this Saturday and if it's snowing that is going to mean the crowd is going to be sparse. In Seattle people don't go out so much when it's snowing. It's very hilly here and the club we are playing in is at the top of one of the bigger hills in the city. If it's snowing I know *I* sure won't be driving. I hate to drive in the snow.

Today I'm going to sign up for two races - one in February and one in March. That'll get me back out on the trail to train. I think it's been a couple weeks since I've run and now I have a goal so I'll be back out there today. It looked like the trail was cleared. It gets a lot of traffic. I even saw people running on it yesterday. But then it was a sheet of ice! That's too dicey for me. I am such a klutz! I don't need any help in that department. The February race is an easy one around Green Lake, which is flat. The March race is a very VERY fun race from the Seattle Center down to Qwest Field via the Alaska Way Viaduct, which obviously is closed to traffic as are the streets leading to it. It is so incredible to be running where one has only driven before. Last year it was raining but still there were something like 15,000 people there. It's just unbelievable.

Last night I started my first baby hat. In all the years I've been knitting now -- like 4 I guess -- I have never done any baby stuff. I got a size 7 circular yesterday at lunchtime and cast one for a simple ribbed hat. I found the pattern on Ravelry but I think I'll change the top to have an I-cord that I knot. I like that look. I went to the LYS with my friend Ruth who wants a pair of sox. "How long does it take you to knit a pair of sox"? Depends ... depends on how many other things I'm working on and how long it takes me to finish the ones that are on the needles now! But she bought a skein of yarn so when I'm done with these I will start hers and have to wait to use my lovely yarn from Jen. Ah well ... we all need more time don't we?

No comments: