22 January, 2008

Wind Chill!!!!

Yeeeeowwww! I am telling you ... it was brutal this morning! When I got my computer booted up I saw that the temperature was 24 degrees so no wonder the wind chill was so painful. I should have put a scarf over my lower face this morning. My hands were numb by the time I hit the top of the campus and there's a mile more to go at that point so I was in PAIN when I finally got into my office. Hopefully it'll be warmer when I head out for my run in a few hours. It is clear so it will be sunny anyway.

We had a long weekend and I got lots of work done on my Cozy V-Neck Pullover. I finished the front and got nearly half way done with the first sleeve. I was going to put up a picture this morning but the batteries are dead in my camera (again!) and I hadn't re-charged the other set so ... tomorrow. And I am getting NEW rechargeable batteries!! The ones I have are just the cheesiest and they don't last at all.

My weekend was fun and busy. Rehearsal Friday was pretty good - much better than last week. Saturday's gig was, however, a little frustrating. The "bad" keyboard player was with us and he was terrible. The guitar player was also not at his best so the band leader got frustrated and even screamed at them on the stage. Drama drama drama ... gah. We will be using the "good" keyboard player from now on and hopefully we can get ourselves a decent guitar player as well.

Sunday I slept in and then the BF and I took Tink to Green Lake and had a nice run. Tink was a trouper - she ran the whole 30 minutes! And of course, so did we. It was wonderful! Then it was football football ... and wouldn't you know it neither of "my" teams won! Dang! So it's going to be a who-gives-a-**** Super Bowl. The Giants and the Patriots? Nobody cares in this part of the world. And Sunday night we watched the latest Harry Potter movie. And I must say I'm glad I didn't waste my time going to see it at the theatre. I know the book is huge and the story is huge so what they left out of the movies was .... WAY too much. It barely made sense! I guess if you've never read any of the books it wouldn't make any difference but ... jeepers.

And yesterday - a lovely day off. The weather was clear and cold and the sky was blue. We ran errands and took Tink to Marymoor park for a nice long walk. Then I gave her a bath and had a lovely nap ... ahhhhhh. And here we are back at work. It's going to be a good week.

No comments: