28 January, 2008

Why are all the kids smiling?

Because it snowed last night. There was at least 2 inches on the ground at my house this morning so I had to walk into work. I don't mind. It's a nice walk and I just plug in the ol' iPod and grab some coffee and away we go. One person passed me on a bicycle. She was going over the bridge. Insanity. Oh she made it ... but still. SO dangerous. And that bridge is going to be a sheet of ice on the way home tonight for sure. It is only 33 degrees now and I don't expect it's going to be getting much warmer today. I was going to run at lunchtime because the trail gets so much traffic that it's pretty much cleared off now but I left my shoes at home!!! I took them with me Friday so I could run the lake on the weekend and of course I forgot them because I don't usually bring them home. Oh well, it's probably not such a good idea to run in the snow anyway.

I am super stoked -- I finished my Cozy v-neck pullover this weekend. It is a wonderful sweater. I am just going to wear it to death. Here's a picture of the FO. And I must say this Rowan Soft Tweed is also a gorgeous yarn.

I have somehow been bitten by the blanket bug. I want to make a blanket. I have lots of odds and ends of worsted weight yarn, plus a few odd skeins of Noro Silk Garden and ... you know, a skein here and a skein there of yarn that it not enough to make anything big. So I thought I would make a blanket. I was at first looking at mitered squares but then thought that a log cabin type of blanket would be good. And rather than make just one huge one I would make squares and then sew them together. I am almost done with my first square but I am so dissatisfied with the back side. I suppose that's the reason there are so many crocheted afghans and so few knitted ones. As I was falling asleep last night - or rather, NOT falling asleep - I was thinking about this and I wonder if I could crochet a log cabin square? Why not? I don't like those Granny Square type of afghans. They say 60's to me for some reason. But a log cabin type of square, even though it's crocheted, might not look so bad. I'm going to give it a try tonight. Then the backside wouldn't be so ugly and I wouldn't have to line it plus which, crochet goes a whole lot faster.

The other thing I cast on this weekend is the Simple Knitted Bodice in Knit One Crochet Too Angora Soft that I got at Webs. I got gauge with the recommended needle size, cast on and away I went. Only a couple rows in but it's going to look good.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hope you are enjoying the snow! And I love the sweater.