10 January, 2008

Back in the saddle again

Oh yeah! Got my bike back last night after work. They were supposed to fix the tire AND replace the cable for my shifters but I guess somebody dropped the ball, because my shifters were still slipping. But the tire is fixed so .... not all is lost. I did get to ride in finally. It's like ... what ... 3 weeks since I've been on my bike! No wonder I feel like a toad! I'm going to buckle down and get back into my routine next week. Besides having a trip to Maui planned for May (yes a long long looooong ways away from now) I just want to get back into the other half of my wardrobe, if you know what I mean. But isn't that everyone's complaint at this time of year?

So I rode in this morning and it wasn't too cold, thank goodness. It's been really cold lately - not freezing but just above it. This morning it was in the upper 40s and just raining a bit. Typical Seattle weather. Oh, and dark. I have SUCH a hard time getting out of bed but I did pretty well today and just managed to get on campus before the main onslaught of surly, shuffling students. I've got to shoot out of here a little early today, pedal like crazy to get home in decent time to take a shower and change and be ready to go at 5:30. We're going to dinner and then to see "The Jersey Boys". It's supposed to be really good and I've been wanting to see it ever since it came to town. The tickets are completely sold out but my BF has friends who work in the theatre so we were able to get tickets. I haven't been to a show since ... err ... ah! since I was in London the Thanksgiving before last. Yikes. Time flies. Over a year ago!

No knitting last night. I did noon knitting on my socks yesterday. I could finish those up if I put my mind to it. Then maybe I should start my next pair with the yarn I got from Jen's Etsy shop, Knitting Like Crazy. I bought a ball winder, now I just need a swift and I can wind that up and get knittin'. And I joined (another!) Ravelry group today. This one dedicated to finishing up UFOs on the first of the month. I have at least 3. Perhaps I shouldn't be too ambitious and just pick one to do on the first. Or by the first. I did start sewing up Isabella but even just slip stitching it is a trial. At least I know I'm not the only one with this particular affliction. Some call us "process knitters" and others call us "lazy". I'm both.

No comments: