17 January, 2008

That darned baby hat!

It keeps hanging on. One would assume that a baby hat could be knocked out in an evening, especially one so simple as this Little Boy Blue Ribbed Baby Hat! That is, of course, assuming [again] that said knitter has some uninterrupted time. I only had about an hour and a half last night but it looks as if I'm up to the decrease part, so that's only a dozen or so rows. I will be able to finish it up tonight. I don't expect I will be getting any interruptions.

One of my interruptions -- well two actually -- was my friend McGarrah calling for fashion advice. From Arizona, no less. He's competing in yet another songwriter contest. I think this is his fourth. It's in Florida - the South Florida Folk Festival - this weekend and he wanted my advice on what to wear. Why he couldn't get a friend down there to help him I'll never know but that's just the way he is. I told him he should get a short sleeved silk shirt to wear untucked. "Think Tony Soprano with cowboy boots". He got it. Let's hope he skipped the palm trees and just got a plain shirt.

I had an absolutely fabulous run yesterday. I like running when it's cold. Once I get warmed up it feels so good! And I think it's good to take a break every now and again. If only I could do it without gaining weight!

No comments: