25 January, 2008

I'm going to stop complaining soon

No, really I am. It's just that it's so freaking COLD!!! It was 26 when I arrived at work this morning, numb and hurting. I need to get some better protection for my hands is what it is. And cover my face with something. I go downhill to start my ride and holy cow, that wind chill is brutal. And that's all I'm going to say about it.

I had a wonderful knitterly evening last night. Sure, the majority of people would think it is a boring evening but it was very satisfying. I finished up the second sleeve of my Cozy V-Neck and got all the stitches picked up around the neckline and even managed a couple rows of ribbing before I had to quit. Oh, I wanted very much to finish up that neckline and then only have the sleeves to sew up and the ends to weave in. But I was so tired and I hadn't slept at all well Wednesday night so I quit around 10 and headed to bed, where I fell immediately asleep and slept like a rock! Tonight I will finish it up.

Then what? I don't think I should start any sleeveless projects. I have three long sleeved projects in my queue and I'm just waiting on the yarn -- the Mystery Jacket KAL yarn should be arriving soon and we'll be starting that in a couple weeks. My eye was caught by a mitered square blanket project on Ravelry and I have so much left over stuff in worsted weight plus odds and ends of 2 balls here and 1 ball there that I just might start a blanket. I was always wanted to make one and this would be something that I could just pick up by the TV - a mindless knit type of thing - when I'm bored with my current (zillion other) project(s). I don't know, it's a thought.

I do have to finish up something on the first of February as part of the Finish on the Firsts group I found on Ravelry. I think that will be the Scoop du Jour cardigan since I only need to do some sewing up. And I would wear it.

Not sure about this weekend. I am going to run tomorrow around Green Lake. It is supposed to either rain or (ugh) snow this weekend, it looks like. I'm already sick of winter.

No comments: