09 January, 2008

WIP Wednesday


I finally got off my tush (so to speak) and took pictures of my latest WIP, the Cozy V-Neck Sweater with Deep Ribbing from Fitted Knits. I'm using Rowan Soft Tweed in a lovely gray with little flecks of blue and pink in it. It's such a nice yarn. As you can see I've just started the ribbing. I've got ten inches of that to go. It's going to be a long road but thankfully it's perfect TV knitting and there is a game on this Saturday. (Seahawks and Green Bay). Here's a close up. Maybe you can see the flecks.

And I'm working on the foot of those socks. Not too exciting a picture so we'll skip that for now.

A couple days ago I was thinking again of a pattern I had admired a few years ago in an Interweave Knits magazine. (I must make myself put stickies on pages of things I like because I do remember them and then can't find the right magazine. It's frustrating.) I went through all of my IKs, although I must admit NOT page by page, but rather just flipping through and I couldn't find what I was looking for. So I posted on Craftster (although I probably should have done so on Ravelry as well) and sure enough my vague description of a purple cabled sweater done in the round did ring someone's bell and here it is - the Cable Cascade Pullover pattern by Jennifer L. Appleby. Now to find the right yarn. It is from Fall of 2005 so I probably can't get the yarn called for -- but I can surely find a suitable substitution.

And so to work.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Love the new WIP!