28 April, 2008

Boy that was fast


T-Twist is done! That has to be some kind of record for me. I got this finished up on Saturday. It is really cute on. And after I got that finished I worked on those socks that I have been dragging around for so long. I am about six rows away from finishing those as well! I will get them done tonight. My dilemma is what to make next! I have the yarn for Fifi and I already bought the pattern but I have to work from home and my printer is out of ink plus the PDF is not on this computer. So, that's out. I am really really wanting to make something from the beautiful Ella Rae Shibu I bought from Little Knits a while ago. The color is gorgeous and it's 90% silk so the drape is also going to be wonderful. I just don't have a particular pattern that I think will work. What I may do is go through my stacks and stacks of back issues of Vogue and IK and see if something jumps out at me. It should have flowing sleeves and it can't be anything that needs stretch. I just might have to come up with something myself but ... well, we'll see.

I spent lots of time this weekend going to home improvement stores looking for stuff for the house - new knobs for the kitchen, lock for the deck door, carpet for the basement, etc. Not all that much fun, frankly, but it had to be done. And now it's pouring rain and they can't do any painting, obviously. But there is tons of indoor stuff for them to get going on. It's going to be hard to concentrate here but really I only have one tough chore - one that I need quiet to think about. So I guess I should jump on that while I am alone.

No comments: