14 April, 2008

Finally - I finished something


It seems like such a long time since I've actually finished a garment! Here it is - my Simple Knitted Bodice! It's completely impossible for me to get a good picture of this, since it's black. You're going to have to imagine the details - the purl ridges framing the lace insets, the deep V-neck also with purl ridges around. You can see the sleeves though, which I just love! I am going to use this sleeve again for sure. Since this is just a simple top down pattern it will be easy to adapt that sleeve. I can see now how a fabric with more drape would be more desirable for this pattern but I really wanted to use the Angora Soft because I need a closer fitting black sweater. Unfortunately I made a medium and I really should have made a small. It's a bit big around but I will wear it. It's pretty cute.

And now ... now I get to start something new!! And I'm tired of black, I can tell you that for sure. I have some great yarns in my stash - lovely colors. Should I start Fifi? (Even though I still need to sew up and finish my poor Isabella?) Or maybe I'll do the Ballet Camisole from the now defunct MagKnits [got a copy of the pattern off the cached link in Google]. Or ... Or I could do Juliet. I have options ... lots and lots of options. And there are always socks to finish. Oh .. .and the Cascading Cables, although I might have to wait on that until next autumn since it's coming on spring big time.

It was so warm on Saturday - over 70! I had to open up the front door to warm up the inside of the house. Tink was so silly - she would lay in the dirt in the sun until she was just baking, then come inside panting, drink water and go try to find someplace cool to lay down. Silly dog. We worked at a new club on Friday night so I was tired Saturday, having gotten a little less than 5 hours sleep. I just enjoyed the sunshine and sat and knit and knit and knit and knit some more. It was lovely. I had a day off from thinking about the house or the big event. Any time anything would pop into my head I would shoo it out. It was lovely.

No comments: