17 April, 2008

Urban chickens

Tuesday evening my friend Bonnie stopped by on her way home from work for a little chat. She was sitting in my big, comfy chair idly looking out the window as she was drinking her tea. All of a sudden she said, "Shelley, do you have chickens??" "Chickens? No!" I looked out my window and sure enough, there were two big roosters scratching and pecking in the dirt around the posts of the deck! I have no idea where they escaped from but as we were watching they started wandering on down the drive and back to the alley. Hopefully they're homing chickens.

Yesterday was a particularly intense day. Three of the secretary/support staff were out sick. The department administrator was scrambling around, scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to get bodies to sit in the main office. I sat there from 3 to 4:30. I didn't have my laptop so I couldn't work on anything so, since it was Wednesday and I had my knitting, I worked on my T-Twist. And it was a nice break for me since I had been going non-stop all day. I was NOT looking forward to rehearsal but got Tink all walked, had my dinner and was just starting to get changed when Bonnie called. She wasn't feeling well. So I called Dwain and it turned out that the keyboard player had a gig anyway and the other singer, the substitute, was most likely busy as well. So -- FREE EVENING!!! WOOOOHoooooo!

Yes yes I could have started cleaning out the garage. Or the basement. What I did do though was laundry and knitting. All by myself. Ahhhhh niccccccce. Got lots done on the T-Twist. Should have taken pictures but I had to meet the landscaper this morning and I was running late anyway so ... no time. Tomorrow.

No comments: