07 April, 2008

Why oh why can't I shake this bug???

My sister came in Wednesday night. My cold was really bad Wednesday although the sore throat was pretty much gone. The cough on the other hand had come back with a vengeance. We stayed up late talking, of course, because that's what we do. And the next morning starting a shopping marathon that lasted for two full days. Thursday night I was just dragging. Oh I shopped alright but when it was time to stop I collapsed. And decided that it would probably be a smart thing to call the doctor Friday morning if I wanted to have any chance at all of enjoying her visit. I stopped by on our way to our second day of shopping madness, having called first thing Friday morning. The nurse told me that she was amazed at how many people had said the same thing that I did - I was symptom free, started back up with regular activities and got hit again for another go 'round. So I've got another course of the inhaler, which [fingers crossed] seems to be doing the trick. It sure cut the coughing down tremendously. I just wish I felt better. I am SO tired of feeling sick all the time.

We had two wonderful days of shopping. My sister was in dire need of shoes [well now aren't we all?] plus she had to get her dress and shoes for the summer event. It was one of those magical shopping trips - we kept running across tremendous shoe deals. You know how it is - sometimes you're out shopping and you can't find a single thing and the next time you're running into JUST the right shoe and as an added bonus it has been marked down from $100 to $10. She was on that kind of lucky streak and ended up, after two days, with 4 pairs. I held myself to half that - one pair of awesome, sexy gold ones and some ivory satin. And a couple tops. No, I was good.

Saturday started out with some super fun pampering at "Frenchy's Day Spa" - an oh so girlie place where we went to have a make up consultation. And it was a good thing that we had that to look forward to because afterwards we had to go to a memorial for my ex-husband and then a big family do at my FIL's. An exhausting day all around.

It was tough having to take my sis back to the airport yesterday. That visit just flew by! And she's at work for 3 days and then taking off for a week in Bangkok to visit her boyfriend who is on location there. She's pretty excited to see him but not all that excited about a 17 hour flight. All I wanted to do after dropping her off was go home and knit and that's what I did - after a nap, of course. I knit on the sleeves of the SKB and finished up the increases. Enough so that I can finish them up one at a time on a circular. I wanted to get them separated from the two at once because I couldn't try on the sweater that way. But once I got them separated I tried it on. I've got a few more inches to go on each sleeve before I start on the purl ridges but I can see how cute it's going to be. The body is just a touch wide. I didn't need those body increases. Or rather I should have made the small. But it'll still be very wearable.

And now I've got to get back to work! I ran in here and got caught up on the important stuff but I've got tons of other stuff staring me in the face.

No comments: