25 April, 2008

More working from home

I was working from home yesterday and again today! Why is it that when I'm really busy at work is when I have to work from home!! Ah well, at least the power washing is done. That was just torture yesterday. It went on all day long! This morning I had to tolerate the sound of the gutters being removed. hah .. reminds me of when I was in that little studio apartment in Paris. They were remodeling the building next to me and so many mornings I would be awakened by sledge hammers slamming into brick. This is a bit easier to take since the house isn't shaking. [However, if I could just close my eyes and magically whisk myself back there, I think I could put up with it.]

Anyway .... so this morning I needed to run into the office to pick up a few things. I stopped in the turnaround and ran into the main office and was chatting with a friend while I put a few things in the mail boxes, dashed back to the Annex and into my office where I picked up some papers and off I went. I was less than ten blocks from home when I realized I had forgotten something in my office so back I went. I am happy I realized it before I got parked and into my house!

Had a rehearsal last night. Dwain brought yet another girl to sing with us, since Chantal is going to be leaving in July. I really didn't want to be there. I have so much stuff to do at home. And I didn't think the girl was very good at all. I hope he doesn't hire her.

Only four rows to go on the T-twist. I can finish it up tonight!! Yay me! I won't have much time for knitting this weekend. Must get packing, for one thing. And shop for new carpet for downstairs and fixtures for the bath and kitchen. Do I have to say it again? My house is going to look so awesome!!!! Wahhhh

No comments: