18 April, 2008

Insomnia strikes again

O man ... I maybe had 3 hours of sleep last night. I say maybe because I last looked at the clock at 3 am [I know I know you're not supposed to look at the clock] and my alarm goes off at 6:30. I think I got some caffeine accidentally while I was out shopping last night. I was thirsty, drank what I was told was a caffeine free beverage but the tossing and turning leads me to believe that I was misled. So I am just dizzy this morning. I didn't ride my bike in, but rather drove. It's rainy and cold and I've got to run errands on the way home so I gave the bike a pass.

This weekend we are working both tonight and Friday night. Tonight's gig is at the Twisted Cork wine bar in Bellevue, where we played last weekend. The crowd is very nice but I don't like having the "stage" be level with the dance floor. That is a disaster waiting to happen. Like last Friday when a drunk woman nearly crashed into me. Luckily her partner was sober enough to see which direction she was heading and snatched her just inches away from falling into my mic stand, which would have of course smashed me in the mouth. That happened to me more than once when I was in my old band. And I'm here to tell you that it hurts like the dickens to be smashed in the mouth with a microphone. Not pleasant.

Bonnie called me yesterday with an update - she has bronchitis. Poor girl. At least she went to the doctor and got medicine so she should be okay for this weekend. Fingers crossed out there! It would be pretty hard to do the gig without her with just me and the new singer.

Well here's a first for today - knitting wise. I am wearing two garments that I have knit. I have on my brown Green Gables and my turquoise Scoop du Jour. Looks nice.

Well I've got tons of work to do and I've GOT to shake off this malaise. I'm a little blue today.

No comments: