21 April, 2008

A whirlwind of a weekend

I must say, working both Friday and Saturday nights really chews up a weekend. I took off as soon as I could Friday night but still I need time to wind down at home, usually reading in bed for a while until I can sleep. That means I am lucky to fall asleep by 3am and that's exactly what happened Friday. Oh but the gig was really good. They seem to like us a lot at that wine bar and it's a lovely place to play. Nice hotel, big room, and plenty of people. If only the dance floor were larger. We get lots of people dancing but it fills up too fast. Some people were dancing in front of the hostess stand.

The weather Friday evening (snow) and Saturday (more snow but not sticking) was miserable. I ran some errands on Saturday and got in a nice nap before Saturday's show at the Paragon. The crowd wasn't much though. Didn't stay long. Plus which we lost a good portion of the people during the first set because Dwain's crappy speaker system wasn't working.

This whole week is just one thing after another - huge week. Meetings today and tomorrow and hopefully the landscapers can start on the yard this week early. The weather permitting, of course. I am SO ready for spring. We have never ever had snow this late in the year here in Seattle. It's bizarre.

I did get a few more rows done on my T-twist. It's a quick knit.

No comments: